This is perfect for your summer lunches/dinners and also if you have kids over: it’s quick, tasty and funny. Usually croquettes are very deep fried but today I want to suggest a lighter option: I hope you enjoy it!
- 200g potatoes
- 240g tuna
- 50g breadcrumbs
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 egg
- fresh parsley
How to make it:
Peel and boil the potatoes until tender. Let them cool down and then mash them with a fork until you obtain a nice potato purée. Add the tuna, one egg, the olive oil and the parsley and mix well together. If you prefer you can use a food processor (as I did) so it is faster. Adjust of salt and pepper.
When your mixture is ready for the balls from it; you can try different shapes to add some fun to your dish. Place onto a lined oven tray and set them aside.
Prepare 2 shallows bowls: one with the beaten egg and the other with the other half of the breadcrumbs. Dip each croquette into the egg and then roll it into the breadcrumb: this step will guarantee a golden appearance and a crispy taste!
Cook the croquettes in a pre-heated oven for around 15 minutes or until golden.
Tips to improve your dish:
- If you are not on a diet you can deep fry your croquettes
- You can use cornflake crumbs or flour to coat the croquettes instead of the breadcrumbs
- Make sure you don’t over boil the potatoes
- Instead of the parsley you can use fresh mint or use the 2 herbs together
- Don’t forget to serve them with some fresh veggies